can't use windows with GoBack?

Dan Nelson dnelson@allantgroup.com
Sat Dec 13 06:02:00 GMT 2003

Lester Ingber wrote:
> I just installed Symantec GoBack (to compensate for known problems with XP
> Pro Systrem Restore).  Most everything runs fine under Cygwin.  However,
> anything under XWin (including brining up XWin), runs unbearably slow,
> about a factor of at least 100-1000 or more slower.  The System just
> consumes all CPU?
>
> I just paid $30 to Symantec to hear that they do have some problems with
> GoBack with some applications running much too slow to use.  They're
> "working in it."

I have no problems using cygwin/X and Goback on my XP machine.  I also
have it installed on 98 and w2k machines, but haven't used X on them.  I
know regular cygwin stuff runs fine.  Maybe some IPC operation is going
through the filesystem code and causing goback to process it?  If you
open up goback's advanced features window, does it log any activity?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com