xwin crash (when running anything but xlogo)

Matt mattlist@fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 19 08:50:00 GMT 2003

I just installed xf86 on my win2000 machine to be used as a remote x
terminal.
i forward the connection through ssh to a linux machine (debian woody),
and everything seems good.  i can run xlogo and see the logo on my
windows machine....but that's about it.

every other program i've tried (mozilla, startkde, evolution, gaim,
etc.) crashes xwin.exe.  xwin.log dosn't seem to contain any serious
errors.  is there a more detailed log file?

please help,
-matt

p.s.  i couldn't figure out how to subscribe to the list, so please cc
your replys to me.  thanks.