Proper attribution of patches

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Dec 23 22:11:00 GMT 2003

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>

>>Thomas,
>>
>>If you did get this code directly from Cygwin/X's tree then I'd of
>>expected at least the credit to be apportioned to Harold at the very
>>least, rather than putting your name against it. Ralf's name could have
>>been corrected later, with a follow email from Harold.
>>
>>It's a simple change to put that right in the CHANGELOG. So I'll do that.
>

> I had that on my next set of commits.

Then why not say so earlier?

> Except for the _XtInherit one, the
> fixes were idiot-level ones that I fixed inline, compared to X.Org and
> sync'd.  So no credit is owed for those.

I agree.

> However, there's a chunk of ifdef's in config/cf that I intend to use, so
> that merits a note.

Fine with me.

> It's not from "Cygwin/X" tree, but freedesktop.org - though of course I
> did the proper research to see what the whole story was.

Well, if you were referring to the freedesktop.org tree all along, then
those commits were made by another developer when he imported the entire
tree to synch with our old xoncygwin tree on SourceForge.net.

> All of this got
> my attention since the current cygwin/X packages are broken, as Harold is
> well aware.

Our packages are not broken, if you meant the version that we distribute.

XFree86 proper does not currently have a Cygwin port maintainer; the
packages are expected to be broken.