problems with libX11.a

Mark Mussetter mark@link-comm.com
Wed Dec 31 22:34:00 GMT 2003

Hello Everyone,

I'm running Cygwin on a Windows 2000 machine and I'm trying to get
MicroWindows going.  My problem is that I'm getting the following error:
***
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a', needed by
`/microwindows/microwindows-0.90/src/bin/nano-X'.  Stop.
***

I do have "libX11.dll" but can't find the "libX11.a" library
anywhere.  We've updated our Cygwin this morning using the Cygwin setup
utility so I think we are as current as we can be.  We've done a search on
the entire Cygwin directory and "libX11.a" is nowhere to be found.

Can someone point me in the right direction to solving this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mark Mussetter
Link Communications, Inc.
email: <mailto:mark@link-comm.com>mark@link-comm.com