altGR key problem with windows XP

alain perrier aperrier@free.fr
Sun Feb 9 17:46:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I use the latest version of cygwin and Xfree86 4.2.0-15 with a french
xmodmap on a Windows 2000 Workstation without any problem .
When I try to run the same version ( same xmodmap.fr) on a windows XP
workstation, I can't get any #{[|`\^@]} symbol. I tried
running it with XF86Config-4 unsuccessfuly and definitevely have this
strange problem with AltGr handling... I saw in the mailling list
archive that some people had the same problem near November 2002. Could
anybody give me the rigth way to have AltGR key working ???

Thanks a lot

Alain