altGR key problem with windows XP

alain perrier aperrier@free.fr
Sun Feb 9 20:12:00 GMT 2003

Harold,

Thank for your answer, I will try to contact Andreas. In very few case,
I get the pipe symbol or other and I think this is a key timing problem
like reported by Andreas, but perhaps this trouble is due to some
keyboard or system.  I will try at my office on another XP machine... I
use cygwin at home and at work, it's very important for me and I'll keep
you informed trying to do a usefull report...

XF86 documentation:
I found some informations on XF86Config and xmodmap for non US keyboard
on the following link:
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/?jump=xfree

Perhaps you could ask the author to add this link in Xfree86 faq as a
first help for non US keyboard users.

Alain