Thanks for donations

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Feb 19 14:09:00 GMT 2003

To anyone who has made a donation: thanks!

I was able to get a new 120 GB 7200 RPM hard drive for my Linux computer
this weekend, which was a nice upgrade from my constantly full 20 GB
5400 RPM drive.  I have now setup a cross compiling environment again
since I finally have the room to do so.

An interesting note about the drive: The drive is a $150 Maxtor 100 GB
with "20 GB free" for 120 GB total... plus I got a $50 mail-in rebate,
bringing the total price down to $100.  Their actual 120 GB drive was
$150 (no rebate) but had an 8 MB cache instead of a 2 MB cache.  I
figured that the cache would be nice, but it wasn't worth a 50% price
increase.

Anywho, thanks again for the donations.