non-US keyboards

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sat Feb 22 03:17:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I guess based on your email address that you're in Italy, so probably
you don't know that "KKK" has a very, very bad connotation in the
United States where many of the Cygwin subscribers reside.

KKK is short for the Ku Klux Klan, a violently racist vigilante group
that originated in the American South. It formed after our Civil War
when American chattel slavery became unconstitutional and its members
terrorized black Americans (and others) for decades. The organization
still exists, sadly, and still perpetrates violent acts, though far
fewer than it did in the early and mid 20th century.

The name KKK is extremely offensive to many people, most of all to
black Americans, but many non-black people find it offensive, too.

I'd like to respectfully suggest that you change the name portion of
your email address to something will a less distasteful connotation.

Sincerely,

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA