compiling gv

Ramaprabhu Janakiraman rama@arl.wustl.edu
Tue Feb 25 22:08:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
    I am trying to compile gv-3.5.8 on cygwin 1.3.20-1, and
have the following problems: ld complains when
I compile the source with --enable-auto-imports,
and the compile went through when i turned on
--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc, but gv exits with
"Error: Unresolved inheritance operation" when  I
run it. I suspect this is related to the problem
discussed in this thread on this list:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-12/msg00189.html

Could someone help me find a way to fix this without having
to compile cygwin/Xfree86 myself? Did the proposed
code (to redefine _XtInherit to a constant) not make
it into the release yet?

thanks in advance,
-ram