8 bit fullscreen still problematic

Staf Verhaegen staf.verhaegen@imec.be
Wed Jan 8 09:59:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I still have problems with 8 bit of XFree86. I'm using the latest version
available with setup. Also checked to see if there are conflicting cygwin.dlls
and this is not the case. I'm running on an NT4 machine.
I try to start XWin in fullscreen mode with a depth of 8. (Xwin -fullscreen
-depth 8).
With engine 1 the XWin crashes.
With engine 2 and 4 is starts up but I only get a black and white display when
doing XDMCP to RH7.2 with gdm or to HPUX10.20 with CDE. (screen grabs are
available and I will post them on request, around 40KB in total).
The problem is that cadence Virtuoso needs an 8 bit display. I tried running
24bit XWin with -emulatepseudo option but then the program still complains
that it can't handle 24 planes.

greets,

|Staf Verhaegen (staf.verhaegen@imec.be) |ADRESS: IMEC vzw. - ASP/LITHO|
|tel: 016/ 281 783                       |        Kapeldreef 75        |
|fax: 016/ 281 214                       |        3001 Leuven (Belgium)|