Connect from Unix to Windows via ssh and start an applycation which is using the windows display

Benjamin Riefenstahl Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de
Mon Jan 13 14:52:00 GMT 2003

Hi Axel,

Axel Bauer <Axel_Bauer@gmx.de> writes:
> Of course I know about the mechanisms of forwarding displays under
> unix/linux (like: xhost + hostname, export DISPLAY=
> hostname:x.x,,... ), but this seems not to work, because I want to
> connect to a display of a windows host and not to another X-Server.

There is VNC as somebody else already said (see
http://www.realvnc.com/ and a number of other sites).

For a commercial solution there is Microsofts Terminal Services.

so long, benny