4.3.0 status update

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jan 14 16:41:00 GMT 2003

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>Once I make an official release of the multi-monitor patch I can submit
>>both the multi-window and multi-monitor patches.
>

> Is the multi-window feature ready for an official release? Esp. the WM
> functions?

Nope.  It is still experimental.  But it doesn't seem to have any
detrimental effect when you aren't using it, so why not include it?

>>There were also some cross-compiling build warnings that I had written
>>in about, but no one had commented on.  I will see if I can dig them up
>>again.
>

> It seemd ok. I don't use UseInstalled, so I never saw these warnings.

Hmm... I was getting problems with symbols in the Makefiles being
redefined.  I didn't think it was related to UseInstalled, but that is a
possibility.

>>Basically, we need to get things in before Jan 17, right?
>

> Feb 1

Right, but I am being very pragmatic here.  In the past it has been
difficult to submit, and get Alan to commit, dual patches for both head
and a branch.  After about a month, I think Alan deletes the branch, so
patches to it seem to go to lala land.  So my point is pretty much:
January 17 for fewer headaches.  :)

Harold