4.3.0 status update

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:51:00 GMT 2003

Alan,

No recent patches were lost.  I am talking about patches that I
submitted after the 4.2.0 branch.  After about two weeks you stopped
committing them to both trees, even though I noted that they should be
committed to both trees.  I thought I remember you telling me at one
point that you didn't have a local 4.2.0 tree anymore... I could be
wrong, but I got the impression that I shouldn't waste more time with
4.2.0 patches, so that's what I did.

Are you telling me instead that you will be able to apply bug fixes to a
stable 4.3.0 tree for the life cycle of that version?  That would be
nice indeed.

Harold