Use XFree86 on W98 to connect to Linux

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Jan 15 00:44:00 GMT 2003

Frank,

You can use XDMCP for a remote "session":

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

Or, you can launch individual clients with SSH (or you can even start a
remote window manager which makes this very similar to XDMCP, including
KDE... by using, for example, "startkde"):

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html#using-remote-apps-ssh

I hope that helps,

Harold