New "multiwindow" mode is great

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Jan 16 13:48:00 GMT 2003

John,

You might find it interesting that upon closer inspection the
multi-window mode is dependent upon the message procedure in the normal
mode for handling keyboard input, etc.  I am not sure if we can create
the root window and have it process messages without being displayed.
In any case, it may take a little bit of engineering to compartmenalize
the functionality in the root window message procedure so that it can be
used in fullscreen and multiwindow modes.

Just thought I would share that... hiding the root window may not be
trivial.

Harold