xfree and vms

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 14:50:00 GMT 2003

Thanks Bruce,

I've copied over the fonts I found from VMS now, and done the mkfontdir, and
xset but when I run the xclock for example, I still get the following
messages:

ISIS-WORK>MC DECW$CLOCK
X Toolkit Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-Menu-Medium-R-Normal--*-120-*-*-P-*-ISO8859-1" to type FontStruct
X Toolkit Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-Menu-Medium-R-Normal--*-120-*-*-P-*-ISO8859-1" to type FontStruct
X Toolkit Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-Menu-Medium-R-Normal--*-120-*-*-P-*-ISO8859-1" to type FontStruct
X Toolkit Warning: Cannot convert string
"-*-Menu-Medium-R-Normal--*-120-*-*-P-*-ISO8859-1" to type FontStruct

Also in the xclock, there is a dotted square next to the Day (usually a sign
of using the wrong font). Do you get these messages?

JS.