Building xfig 3.2.4 with current cygwin

Underwood, Jonathan Jonathan.Underwood@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Jan 28 22:39:00 GMT 2003

Hi

I've tried to build the latest version of xfig (3.2.4) under cygwin, and run
into the following problem when attempting to build with xaw3d - I get
numerous error messages of the type

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw3d.a(d000277.o)(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.a(Event.o)(.text+0x2110):Event.c: multiple definition
of `_XtAddGrab'

Indicating conflict between declarations in the Xt and Xaw3d library. I'm
not sure if I'm doing something wrong (probably) or if this is a problem
with the Xaw3D library. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jonathan.
Dr. Jonathan Underwood

Femtosecond Science Research Program
Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences
National Research Council of Canada
Room 2083
100 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6.