Alt-Esc works, why can't we pass Alt-Tab to the WM?

Joakim Erdfelt joakim@erdfelt.net
Fri Jul 4 20:40:00 GMT 2003

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>Yes, you're right.  However, after some more digging, it seems that
>keyboard hooks (perhaps similar to what Harold suggested earlier?) *can*
>be used on Win9x to intercept hotkeys (e.g., Alt-Tab) in Win32 apps.  I
>haven't found the exact instructions on MSDN, though...
>	Igor

Wouldn't the vnc / tightvnc win32 servers have an example of this hook?
Since their full-screen mode does intercept those keys.
In fact, the only key they make available to escape the vnc session is
Ctrl-ESC.  All others are sent down the vnc path.

Would it be ethical (or within license) to borrow that code?

/* joakim */