Change Window Manager

Charles E. Cooper cec112@psu.edu
Tue Jul 15 15:56:00 GMT 2003

OK,
I'm not a cygwin expert, but use it to window into a solar machine for
editting.

I dislike the twm window manager as it doesn't let me change focus unless
you click on the top of the window bar, which often gets buried when I have
numerous windows open.

I've been trying to experiment with another window manager, KDE, but
haven't figured out where twm is started up.

I edited the ".xinitrc" file and the "startx.1" file without changing anything.

I usually start CYGWIN under Windows 2000 and then type "startx" to bring
up the window manager.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this?

Chuck

Charles E. Cooper
Applied Research Laboratory
The Pennsylvania State University