Installing XFree

Hai Hong hdhong@hotmail.com
Sun Jul 20 16:51:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

    Does the XFree installation requires the Windows registry or any of the
Windows system directories (i.e. /Windows/system32, ...)?    I'm not sure if
it's possible, but I want to install just the X Server on either my USB
Jumpdrive or a CD-ROM and start it without any depency on Windows.   I have
the full Cygwin installation on my desktop at work and is able to access my
to window manager (IceWM) and X-based programs via telnet and ftp.   I want
to be able to use them on lab or other computer systems that I don't have
software installation previledge.   There's some machines that have Exceed
pre-installed, but most don't.

-Thanks!