xfig-3.2.3d-cygwin-1.3 does not work after updating to cygwin 1.3.22-1

Rodrigo Medina rodmedina@cantv.net
Sat Jul 26 22:18:00 GMT 2003

 Hello,
Boris Narozhny, wrote:

>I have encountered the following problem: after updating to the
>latest cygwin distribution (cygwin 1.3.22-1 and XFree that comes
>with it) the xfig-3.2.3d-cygwin-1.3 stopped working - generates
>lots of error messages and then terminates. Is there an update
>for xfig I should be using or should I recompile it myself
>rather than using the precompiled binaries? At this time I can
>not even find a reference to xfig on cygwin.com.

I have recently compiled xfig-3.2.4 with cygwin 1.3.22-1 and the
XFree86 that was current on 2003/03/18.
It works fine. There where some problems compiling (I am consulting
my notes):

a)There were some functions duplicated in libraries XAW3D and Xt.
I solved the problem using Xaw instead of XAW3D. (Was not XAW3D
supposed to be a replacement for XAW !?).

b) There were some problems (I don't remember what) with the automatic
 installation of libraries and docs. I had to install them directly.

I have to comment, that a similar failure happend to me with
XDVIK-22.40.9 , that started giving Segmentation Fault after upgrading
to cygwin 1.3.22-1.

I hope that these comments could be useful.

Rodigo Medina
rmedina@ivic.ve