[XFree86-4.2.0] Now that we have an improved ld, please make libXt a shared library.

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jul 29 16:23:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Ralf Habacker wrote:

> Why ? Does client code access _XtInherit+<offset> at any place ? Only in that
> case the pseudo-reloc stuff is needed.

No. It never uses this indirect access (it would not make sense either since
_XtInherit is a function and (f + 4)() does not make much sense)
Maybe I got confused by the tests I've done yesterday *g*

But the pseudo-reloc is needed anyhow by other parts of the Xt library.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de