[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 92

Joseph Barillari jbarilla@princeton.edu
Tue Jul 29 17:11:00 GMT 2003

    HLH> 3) winmultiwindowclass.c - Add checks for NULL pointers.
    HLH> Should help fix some crashes in MultiWindow mode.  (Ralf
    HLH> Habacker)

Several minutes into an X session with Test 92, while I was using a
remote emacs session, the server bombed with the following message:

$ xinit -- -multiwindow -clipboard

winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler!

xinit:  connection to X server lost.
xterm:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"

Is the "winMutliWindowWMIOErrorHandler" error handler triggered when
one of those null-pointer checks you mentioned finds a null pointer?

Thanks for releasing this build!

Regards, --Joe

--
Joseph Barillari -- http://barillari.org