4.3.0.1 Possible Release and Keeping XFree86 CVS Up to Date

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Jul 29 18:55:00 GMT 2003

I am working on pulling the 4.3.0.1 tree:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.xfree86.org:/cvs
cvs -z3 checkout -r xf-4_3_0_1 xc > cvs-checkout.log 2>&1

I will be copying over the latest hw/xwin files and a few misc. patches
and building the 4.3.0.1 tree for possible release.  I am going to try
my hand at packaging this up again to see if I run into any problems.
If all goes well, I might post it as a test release... but it will
probably be a test release dependent upon Cygwin1.dll v 1.5.1 (or
whatever the most recent release is).

As for keeping the XFree86 CVS tree up to date, am I right that I should
be sending patches against XFree86 CVS xf-4_3-branch, instead of the
xf-4_3_0_1 snapshot?  Could I do this with:

cd xc/programs/Xserver/hw
cvs diff -U3 -r xf-4_3-branch xwin > xwin.diff

The main question here is can I make diffs against the specified branch
rather than the branch that I have locally?  I assume the answer is yes,
but some confirmation from others before I waste time looking into it
would be helpful.