Packaging question

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:31:00 GMT 2003

We should be putting bin/*.dll in the "bin" package and lib/*.a in the
"prog" package, correct?

Currently we are putting both bin/*.dll and lib/*.a in "bin".

Putting the DLLs in bin is correct because you need the shared libraries
in order to run, which is why  lib/*.so are put in "bin" on other
platforms.  Putting the *.a link files in the "prog" package would seem
correct as well, since they are only needed to compile new programs and
should be grouped together with the headers in "prog" as on other platforms.

Any comments?