Code reorganization heads up

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jun 2 14:31:00 GMT 2003

Alan,

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:41:11AM -0400, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>All developers,
>>
>>I am pulling code out of winmultiwindowwindow.c and putting it into
>>separate files that deal with more specific tasks.  This single file has
>>grown to over 50 KiB, so it is time to break it apart to make it more
>>manageable.  This should have been done some time ago, but, well, it wasn't.
>>
>>Please try to hold off on any big patches until after tonight when I
>>release a new test version.
>

> Harold,
>
> I think it's worthwhile either doing more of this in the xoncygwin CVS
> or sending me a few patches to merge into the XFree86 CVS, as and when
> your ready.

I really don't know much about administering CVS... and I kinda don't
have time to learn right now.  However, if someone else is willing to
set it up, I would be more than happy to start using it.  I would want
the xoncygwin CVS default branch updated to 4.3.0 and I would want the
latest test release checked into hw/xwin... then I would be good to go.

Any volunteers?

As for the XFree86 CVS committ... I have been waiting to do a little
reorganization before sending you a resynch patch.  It is going to be
big, as in over 100 KiB.

> How you fixed for a 4.3.0 release ?

No.  Remember that I tried to build the 4.2.0 binaries and had some
missing files that I couldn't explain.  You ended up building the
binaries for me and didn't have any troubles.

> I can do the build and produce the binaries if someone can package
> it up for the setup.exe application.

I was going to ask you to, but, well, I didn't want to ask you to :)  I
could certainly adapt the packaging script if you built the 4.3.0
binaries.  Beware... I haven't tried to build the 4.3.0 branch on
Cygwin, nor have I tried to cross compile it.  I have no idea if it
still works :(