Schedule for upgrade to XFree 4.3?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jun 2 18:34:00 GMT 2003

Ruth,

No schedule.

We are working on it, sort of.

I have only seen one feature mentioned from 4.3.0 that will be of much
use to Cygwin/XFree86 users.

You have to remember, the bulk of updates in XFree86 4.3.0 apply to the
XFree86 X Server, which Cygwin/XFree86 doesn't use.  There have been
updates to the various libraries and a few clients, but there aren't
many must-have fixes in 4.3.0, that I know of at least.

The X Server that Cygwin/XFree86 uses is released separately from
XFree86, so we continue to evolve Windows-specific features even while
we leave the underlying code base at an older version.

Harold