Build from Sourceforge Xoncygwin

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Jun 4 17:59:00 GMT 2003

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

>>1) Various missing links out from exports/include/X11 to various .h files in
>>lib/X11 and sub-directories, stopped compilation in XWin.
>

> I left some things out when commiting the xfree 4.3.0 sources:
> xc/programs/* (except Imakefile and Xserver)
> xc/doc
> xc/fonts
> xc/workInProgress
>
> None of these should result in the error you reported.
>
> Are these files sill missing after "make includes" in xc/lib/X11?

The integrated clipboard manager requires the Xlib headers... which are
not in the build tree anymore.  I had to change it from #include "foo.h"
to #include <X11/foo.h>.  Unfortunately, this means that you must
already have Cygwin/XFree86 installed with the -prog package...
otherwise those headers won't be found.  The only other way to solve
this is to put those headers back into the tree... which might be more
of a pain than a real solution.

I already updated the files in question in CVS... just do an update in
hw/xwin.