Problem with releases since -37

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Thu Jun 5 00:49:00 GMT 2003

Howdy Andy..
At 02:37 PM 6/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I did some more testing based on your suggestions.  I first tried the
>XWin-Test91-DEBUG version of the server with the released version of the
>dll.  That failed as before and gave me a new stackdump.  I then put in
>cygwin1-20030602.dll as /bin/cygwin1.dll.  I restarted windows to make sure
>that the correct dll was used.  I ran with the XWin-Test91-DEBUG version of
>the server again and it gave me Microsoft's "do you want to report this" box
>again, but did not produce a stack dump.  I tried the 042 version again, and
>got the same results ("do you want to report this" and no stackdump).
>Putting the last working version (037) back in with the new dll works fine.
>Anyone have any other ideas that I can try?

Since nobody seems able to reproduce your failure, you might try
debugging it, at least to the point of failure, yourself.  You should
be able to recompile the XWin.exe in debug mode and start it up in in
gdb, and when the crash occurs you should get an annotated function
trace with add'l debug info...

I think the -DEBUG version is just one with Ralf's new parameter checks,
not really a debug version, so you'll really have to recompile with the -g
option...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel