rdesktop.exe session on an X-terminal?

Jeremy Wilkins jeb@jeremywilkins.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 17:26:00 GMT 2003

I got bored again :)

just changed xwxdm to launch rdesktop instead (line 449 - xwxdm.c, from
XwinX source), this works with a couple of issues;

i) rdesktop doesn't accept the --display parameter
ii) rdesktop doesn't support MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authorization, which is
what the xserver uses to make sure its the xdm server responding to it.

solution was to set xwxdm to launch

"DISPLAY=%s:%d rdesktop.exe -f localhost"

This seems to work fine, when I launch Xwin -ac -query winxpbox, the
remote desktop pops up full screen in the window. Note this is with
access control disabled.

I can only run 1 remote session at a time under XP, so I set xwxdm to
launch xterm instead and found it will launch multiple sessions quite
happily.

jeremy

PS: Let me know if this works - I'm quite interested in this.