XWin.exe -query soaris9

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Mar 20 08:38:00 GMT 2003

Alan,

We have had similar reports of trouble connecting to Solaris 9 from
Cygwin/XFree86.  We have also had a similar report that everything works
OK but that the fonts are squished if you instead specify a SunOS 2.6
machine as the font server.  Sounds to me like this is due to something
that Sun has changed.

You know, Sun tends to do things their own way just because they want to
be different, not because their decision will provide any benefit to
their users.  As such, I believe that your only path to a solution here
is to bug Sun until they tell you what they changed.  You can try to get
a bug report filed for Solaris 9 asking them to revert the change.  I
doubt you will have much luck.

Harold