Multimonitor screen

Lester Caine lester@lsces.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 15:04:00 GMT 2003

> You really don't want Test 79 --- take a look at /tmp/XWinrl.log, you'll
> see what I mean (it is huge!).  Instead, you want XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28
> from setup.

Yes I had spotted that.

BUT I had downloaded all the files at the beginning of the
week, and updated a couple Wednesday (archive.progeny.com).
XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28 was already showing as the version I
was using. However, XWin.exe that was in use was an old
date, without the multiscreen stuff in the help list. After
downloading Test79 I got multiscreen, now going back and
manually extracting XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-28 I see a later
version of XWin.exe.
SO what did I do wrong in the first place?
Could the KDE2 install have upset things? ( Came from
kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net )

Everything seems to be working nicely now <g>

--
Lester Caine