"no buffer space available" on Win2K

Peter Colovas pcolovas@lucent.com
Thu May 1 13:51:00 GMT 2003

All,
I am running xfree/cygwin on 2 machines:
a win98 machine which has a corporate vpn client installed and a win2k
machine without the vpn. I have installed winpoet (pppoe) dsoftware on
both. the 2k machine is a work machine attached to the local LAN, the 98
machine is a home machine on which I use xfree to telecommute. I have
not had any problems using xfree on either of them, although there seems
to be some kind of memory problem ahich causes XWin to crash a few times
a day(-multiwindow -clibboard) This crashing seems to be more common
with the server test 81 version released yesterday, but I have had no
problems co-existing with the VPN. I might also add that my ISP is fixed
wireless, so in concert with the VPN I am NOT able to FTP large files
from home to work, but the xfree installation, other than being a little
slow (due to the VPN being slow + network traffic) is fine. I also have
Exceed 6.2 loaded on both machines, so that doesn't seem to have an effect.
Hope this helps.
-Pete

--
Peter W. Colovas