Do I have a performance problem

Willem Riede wrcygwin@riede.org
Sun May 18 12:47:00 GMT 2003

On 2003.05.18 05:29, Charles Werner wrote:
> Willem,
>
> What I have noticed is that if you display to the  ip address of the
> machine, that is not 127.0.0.1 or :0.0 that
> the display on some platforms is much (at least 10 times) faster. For
> example if your machine has
> an ip address of 192.168.0.15,  use this rather than 127.0.0.1     Why? I do
> not know.

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably should have mentioned that I had found
that observation in a google search and have already changed to use my IP.
While it may have had some impact, it certainly wasn't a 10 times speedup,
and the sluggishness I reported represents the state after the change...

Regards, Willem Riede.