Multiwindows problem

Jordi Vila jordi.vila@gtd.es
Mon May 19 15:44:00 GMT 2003

Hello everybody.

I'm using the last revision of the xfree86 server with cygwin, using the
multiwindow mode. It works very well, but from time to time I have
problems. When I exit one xterm (or rxvt terminal) it seems that the
exit command is propagated to the console and the other windows opened.
All of the close and the console also closes. There is another post
talking about the same issue, but there is no answer to the problem.

Currently I'm using the following command line to start the X server

run XWin -multiwindow

and to start the console

run rxvt -ls -sl 1000 -sb -fg yellow -bg black -title console \
-e /usr/bin/bash

The XFree version is
XFree86-xserv	4.2.0-37

And the operating system.