Multiwindows problem

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Tue May 20 02:28:00 GMT 2003

...Richard Campbell.
At 04:40 PM 5/19/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been able to generate this repeatedly with emacs until a multiwindow
>cygwin xfree - when exiting, the CTRL-X,CTRL-C combination seems to stick;
>that is, x thinks that CTRL-C is still down.  Actually hitting CTRL-C
>in another window (an xterm, say) will clear the problem.  More difficult
>to do with CTRL-D, though.

Just FYI, if you're concerned about the Ctrl-D killing another window
while you're trying to stop the runaway one, you should be able to hit
the Ctrl and the D key separately, the WM_KEYUP is the only thing that
matters, and each key on your keyboard should generate its own, IIRC.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com