Solaris 8

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu May 22 20:48:00 GMT 2003

Colin,

We will likely need more information than what you have given so far.

However, off the bat it sounds like XDMCP is simply not enabled on the
Solaris 8 machines.  Have you tried getting a login prompt on the
Solaris 8 machines using another X program for Windows or for Mac OS X?
  If those fail to get a login screen too then the Solaris 8 machines
are simply not setup to allow XDMCP logins.

Harold