REQ: No mouse repositioning @ end of XWin -multiwindow initialization [Alan H, ideas?]

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Fri May 23 06:06:00 GMT 2003

Howdy Harold and Early...
At 11:54 PM 5/22/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Do you know where this code is located?  I looked in dix and os but was
>unable to find anything that looked related.  Is it a simple
>initialization of a default cursor structure that causes all cursors to
>show up in the center of the screen?
>Perhaps it doesn't matter where this happens in X.  We could always just
>grab the current Windows cursor position and move the X absolute cursor
>position to match before our window is displayed.  It would be a little
>kludgy, but it might work.

Maybe the WM should just move any cursor positioning requests away when
in multiwindow mode?  You can still warp the X pointer w/o touching the
Windows one, just condition out the SetCursorPos() call in wincursor.c.
You can still call the miPointerWarpCursor.  This "ambivalence" is done
already if Xwin isn't the foreground app...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com