Xwinclip documentation - it WORKS

Syl jkatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri May 23 14:24:00 GMT 2003

> X apps aren't as standard as Windows apps when it comes to
> cut/copy/paste.  You can almost always bet that clicking the middle
> mouse button in an X app will paste text.  Other than that, for Emacs
> you have Ctrl+Y, for Mozilla you have Ctrl+C, for KDE you have ???, for
> Gnome you have ???, get the point?  You are going to have to figure out
> how to cut and paste *within* X before you can expect to cut and paste
> between X and Windows.

Alright - setting

start XWin -rootless -notrayicon -emulate3buttons -clipboard

i.e. using clipboard and emulate3buttons works with a copy both directions.
Using xwinclip instead of clipboard gives an endless stream of messages if I
open two window instances. The paste into Xwindow required the 3 button
emulation.

A note - even like the one you sent me above in the FAQ sure would be
helpful for newbies like me.

Thanks - loads!
Syl