Broken fvwm install?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri May 23 19:24:00 GMT 2003

Stephen,

Stephen Biggs wrote:

> No, no... please understand... I am not complaining about anything... I
> know what free software is all about.  I was just looking for a
> reasonable window manager instead of twm.... if fvwm isn't it, then so be
> it...  I don't have the time or patience to debug this package,
> especially not for free at the moment...

No problem.

> Do I have to download anything more from the Cygwin setup to use the
> Multiwindow mode, or just add the -multiwindow parameter to XWin.exe?
>
> Also, what do I do about the line invoking the window manager in the
> script file, be it twm or fvwm?

I suggest that you make a backup of your startxwin.bat, then download
the newest XFree86-startup-scripts package using Cygwin's setup.exe.
That new file has some additional documentation that you may find
helpful and it uses -multiwindow by default now.  Yes, you have to
comment out any existing window manager so that you don't run two of
them at once.