(no)deadkeys keyboard default setting

Benjamin Riefenstahl Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de
Tue May 27 12:37:00 GMT 2003

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Gottwald <Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:
> OPTV_STRING will reject empty strings and winSetStrOption would
> return the default of NULL. NULL is in this case correct as it
> indicates that no variant was selected.

But that didn't work.  The keyboard was still in "nodeadkeys" mode in
my case.  With OPTV_STRING NULL == "option not set" can not be
distinguished from NULL == "empty string".  So for options where empty
strings are valid OPTV_STRING will only work, iff the default is also
NULL.  Otherwise it will fail.

> So I'll leave the code as it is and only remove the "nodeadkeys"
> default.  This should remove you're problem too.

Of course, but it's still a bug waiting to happen.  It's your call of
course.

so long, benny