Custom icons + MouseUp fix

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sat May 31 04:21:00 GMT 2003

Earle,

Any reason we shouldn't install a message hook when the user presses and
holds a mouse button or modifier key?

On a related note, what is up with
winmultiwindowwindow.c/winTopLevelWindowProc()/WM[NC]MOUSELEAVE and the
SetTimer call?  This must have been something that Kensuke did without
me looking too closely :)  It looks like it is used to move the X cursor
out of the screen view when the user moves the mouse out of the X
window... but it never calls KillTimer in the processing of WM_TIMER,
which is strange.  It looks like this could also be used to move the
mouse cursor if it shows up over another X window... but that should be
handled by the WM_MOUSEMOVE processing for that new window.

Do you see any reason we can't get rid of these timers?  I would really
like to avoid them if possible.

Harold