problem: occasional keystroke doubling (a known issue?)

Ruth Ivimey-Cook Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@ivimey.org
Sat May 31 16:48:00 GMT 2003

At 19:43 28/05/2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Now, if I could only find a way to turn this off programmatically, once
>and for all.  This X key repeat feature is completely unnecessary since
>Windows handles key repeats for us.  I tried to interface with the same
>code that xset interfaces with, but it did not seem that this interface
>was meant to be built into an X Server.  Perhaps someone else can help me
>figure out how to disable this.  It could be a simple as a build flag, but
>I have never come across it.

Harold,

ISTR that the standard X servers have command line options to set keyboard
repeat up. Perhaps the code path those options use will be helpful?

Ruth (who has also seen this issue on XP Pro)