Patch for keyboard handling

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Nov 3 14:30:00 GMT 2003

Takuma Murakami wrote:

> I have made a patch to improve keyboard handling.
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> The changes are:
>
> 1) win.h, winkeybd.c, winwndproc.c - Improve the
> synchronization of mode key states between XWin
> and Windows.

+ /* Stored to get internal mode key states.  Must be read-only.  */
+ static unsigned short *g_winInternalModeKeyStatesPtr = NULL;

Shouldn't this be a pointer to constant data?  Isn't that:

static unsigned short const * g_winInternalModeKeyStatesPtr = NULL;

???

> 2) winmultiwindowwndproc.c - Enable mode key
> synchronization in -multiwindow mode.

+       g_winInternalModeKeyStatesPtr = &(pDeviceInt->key->state);

Wow!  That is a really good idea.  I should have been doing that all
along, but I didn't realize that I could access the internal mode-key
states.  Great idea.

> 3) winwndproc.c - Make clean termination on
> logoff or shutdown.

Good catch for WM_ENDSESSION.  That should have been there all along...

> 4) winconfig.c - Fix the lacks of KEYUP messages in
> Japanese environments.  The solution was proposed
> by Kensuke Matsuzaki.

Looks good to me.  It all depends on if it works for you guys.

> 5) winwndproc.c - Ignore Windows keyboard auto-repeats
> so that XWin controls auto-repeats instead of Windows.

Okay.

I will try to apply this patch tomorrow.

Thanks for contributing,