Grabbing XFree86.org's xc/ tree using cvsup

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Mon Nov 3 15:47:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> He suggested using cvsps to generate patch sets.  He also suggested
> doing our development on a branch, keeping HEAD more or less in sync
> with XFree86.org CVS HEAD, and merge HEAD to our branch whenever
> required (to get bug fixes, etc.).

Just a note here.  This is what CVS's notion of "vendor branches" is for.
Although I have limited experience with them, I suggest you read up a
little here before making this decision.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer