xinit: The application has failed to start because cygfreetype-6.dll was not found.

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Nov 7 17:40:00 GMT 2003

Steinar,

You need the libfreetype26 package, which is gotten by selecting the
freetype2 package.  It should have been automatically selected, but it
looks like it wasn't in your case.

Also, make sure that you have the fontconfig package (it auto-selects
libfontconfig0).

Harold