wmaker TIFF (actually libtiff4) problem

reidel@comcast.net reidel@comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 18:56:00 GMT 2003

Several people including myself have experienced the problem where WindowMaker 0.80.2-1 does not properly display some TIFF images. This message describes a solution that seems to work for me. It of course does not seem like a good thing to do, so use at your own risk. (I haven't experienced any adverse effects so far).

I simply replaced /bin/cygtiff4.dll with /bin/cygtiff3.dll.

i.e.  cp /bin/cygtiff3.dll /bin/cygtiff4.dll

If you do not have cygtiff3.dll, you just need to install the libtiff3 package.