wmaker

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Nov 17 18:11:00 GMT 2003

Brian,

Brian Ford wrote:

> Harold,
>
> we have this problem all the time.  One user logs in, uses X, logs out,
> then the next user logs in and X won't start because they can't
> delete/open /tmp/.X11-unix/X0.  Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Even if the second user has administrator privledges, the startxwin.bat
> script can not delete the unix socket.  Only if the second user explicitly
> does a chown to themselves can they/startxwin.bat delete the file.

Hmm... I ran into this once a long time ago.  Are the users actually
exiting XWin.exe, or are they leaving it open?  You know, Takuma
Murakami added a catch for WM_ENDSESSION in XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-22; this
message is thrown when a user logs off and catching it causes XWin.exe
to shutdown cleanly.  Thus, 4.3.0-22 might fix your problem.  Have you
tried 4.3.0-22?