xwinclip installation problems (Re: Cut-Copy/Paste dies after several hours (-clipboard))

Jay Smith jay@JaySmith.com
Wed Nov 19 14:53:00 GMT 2003

Harold,

Maybe I am just being stupid, but I can't seem to find the clipboard
program, because....

a) Using the Cygwin setup wizard to attempt to update my installation, I
checked a couple mirrors and they don't seem to have xwinclip -- they only
seem to have XFree86-xwinclip.

b) I went to the XFree86 web site and then the xwinclip site
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/xwinclip/
Obviously that page is long out of date so I don't know if I can trust
anything it says about installation.  At this point I don' know how to get
the program to install it.

c) Using your
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2003-10/msg00028.html
information, I am supposed to use the Cygwin installation wizard, but as I
said in "a" above, I am not finding the program.

What am I missing?

Jay

--
Jay Smith