TTF-font rendering not working anymore

Frank-Michael Moser moser@decodon.com
Thu Nov 20 18:09:00 GMT 2003

If you need another "me, too", here you are - but sorry, I know that
this is not really helpful.

I'm not experienced with C programming at all, but if someone has a
piece of code or anything else to be tested on my box - you are welcome.

Furthermore I found that I have the following line in my .xinitrc
   xset fp+ "$(cygpath -W)/FONTS"

This has worked for me a long time. Without that line I do not get any
TTF-fonts listed by xfontsel. With that line they are listed but not
displayed any longer. Is using that command deprecated. I remember that
I have used a tool to create the description files "fonts.scale",
"fonts.dir", and "encodings.dir" for that font path. I do not remember
which tool it was. Maybe I have to recreate these files? Any ideas?

If anybody needs further information or testing, let me know.

Frank-Michael.

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Kirk,
>
> Somebody needs to give me a three-click test case or I won't even be
> able to confirm that this is indeed a problem.
>
> You do have the "fontconfig" and "freetype2" packages installed on your
> machine, right?
>
> Harold
>
> Kirk Erickson wrote:
>
>> Sorry I didn't report this earlier.  I've been plagued by the
>> TTF font problem reported by Fridger Schrempp and Michael Bax
>> and Fridger Schrempp.
>>
>> Perhaps if someone were to review the checkins previous to
>> Michael's reporting the problem (11 Nov 2003), it could be resolved.
>>
>> This is really a showstopper class bug that folks who made
>> recent checkins should be made aware of.

DECODON GmbH                        phone: +49(0)3834 515231
W.-Rathenau-Str. 49a                  fax: +49(0)3834 515239
17489 Greifswald                    email: moser@decodon.com
Germany                               web:   www.decodon.com